Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pekingese

Pekingese are beautiful.
They have more coat colors,
coat textures,
and spiritual senses
in their long history
than any other breed I know of. 

I have elevated their status above
an inadequate common designation,
thought by others as “dogs” ...
so much more than mere “pets”.....
to being my caring friends of a different species ....
my comparative psychology research individuals....
my photographic models....
my subjects of literature and poetry....
and my primary way of meeting new friends....
those who share in common...
a love for the Pekingese dog breed ....
they are not my whole world....
but they do make my world complete....
very satisfying ....
they cost me a small fortune....
since one then another is never enough....
they are the luxury I allow myself....
they're my family home companions....
keeping me safe, secure, and spiritually sensitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment