Friday, August 27, 2010

One of the reasons I am impressed by the Pekingese dog breed is that they
have one of the longest ancestral store of racial memories for a pet
developed by humans .... similarly
Arabian horses, and Koi fish do also. Koi have lived to be 265 years old. I
feel I have an awesome racial memory. One I was equipped with at birth, and
it even included future memory for my life time and my children's...

********
racial memory

-noun Psychology .
feelings, patterns of thought, and fragments of experience that have been
transmitted from generation to generation in all humans and have deeply
influenced the mind and behavior.
********
In psychology, genetic memory is a memory present at birth that exists in
the absence of sensory experience, and is incorporated into the genome over
long spans of time. It is based on the idea that common experiences of a
species become incorporated into its genetic code, not by a Lamarckian
process that encodes specific memories but by a much vaguer tendency to
encode a readiness to respond in certain ways to certain stimuli. It is
invoked to explain the racial memory postulated by Carl Jung, and
differentiated from cultural memory, which is the retention of habits,
customs, myths, and artifacts of social groups. The latter postdates genetic
memory in the evolution of the human species, only coming into being with
the development of language, and thus the possibility of the transmission of
experience. Racial memory is a concept in Jungian psychology. Racial
memories are posited memories, feelings and ideas inherited from our
ancestors as part of a "collective unconscious".

Language, in the modern view, is considered to be only a partial product of
genetic memory. The fact that humans can have languages is a property of the
nervous system that is present at birth, and thus phylogenetic in character.
However, perception of the particular set of phonemes specific to a native
language only develops during ontogeny. There is no genetic predisposition
towards the phonemic makeup of any single language. Children in a particular
country are not genetically predisposed to speak the languages of that
country, adding further weight to the assertion that genetic memory is not
Lamarckian.

*****************

From my own life experience and access to my racial memory from multiracial
ancestors, I personally believe that I do have extra sensory communication
abilities that others have not inherited and also have ancient memories that
are most valuable to me in my life. Intuition, instinct, and intelligence
coupled with a vast inherited racial memory bank are some of the resources I
value and use in my life. They are unique and individually mine and are not
common to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment