Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Feeding The Fish .... a Watercolor Painting by Joyce Baldwin, Blue Ribbon 2008, Phoenix Artist Guild Art Show


(Art Show Photo courtesy of Yolanda Martin, Webmaster 2008, Phoenix Artist Guild)


I am sure there are as many answers to this question as their are readers of it.... What makes a painting valuable?


To me, the fact that I retained a vivid, ever present memory of one out of literally hundreds of paintings that I took photos of in 2008 made this painting "Feeding The Fishes" by Joyce Baldwin valuable enough for me to share it with you and insert it in this Koi-Pekingese Blog post. It truly is a Blue Ribbon winner over time and not just for the moment of decisive authoritative judging at the show (selecting her painting over all the other competing paintings). I know Joyce Baldwin personally and admire her greatly.  She is truly talented and creative.  I particularly like her subject matter for each painting she does.


Thinking about all the reasons I invested so much time, energy, and money to create my water garden pools complete with Koi fish this summer, I am sure the initial viewing, photographing, and remembering of Joyce's painting was a inspiration. It motivated me to convert the vision and message of her painting into my personal reality and space on the West side of my home.


Art inspires art. Art is the language of the soul. Is there anything more powerful in this world than art? Art is universal and timeless. Art speaks to all cultures and countries, and we can not help but respond to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment